Quinoa Burgers with Roasted Vegetables
- Total Time
cooking spray3 spray(s)
uncooked quinoa⅓ cup(s), tricolor or white
uncooked sweet potato(es)½ pound(s), peeled and chopped
uncooked red onion(s)1 medium, 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced
garlic clove(s)1 medium clove(s), minced
table salt¾ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked zucchini2 medium, sliced lengthwise
fresh cherry tomato(es)2 cup(s), halved
sweet red pepper(s)1 medium, cut into wide strips
olive oil cooking spray2 spray(s)
balsamic vinegar2 tsp
whole wheat pita(s)2 item(s), 2 (6-inch pita breads), warmed and halved
arugula3 ½ cup(s), baby variety
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine sweet potato and water in microwavable bowl. Cover with wax paper and microwave on High until tender, 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to bowl, and mash.
- Spray small skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook, until onion begins to soften, 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add onion mixture, quinoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to sweet potato and stir to mix well. Shape into 4 patties and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly spray patties with nonstick spray. Bake, turning once, until lightly browned, 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and bell pepper on large rimmed baking sheet, lightly spray with olive oil nonstick spray, and toss to coat. Arrange in single layer and bake, turning and stirring once, until tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer vegetables to bowl. Stir in vinegar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Fill pitas with burgers, arugula, and sliced onion. Serve with roasted vegetables.
- Per serving (1 filled pita half and 1 cup roasted vegetables)