- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder and next four ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Combine egg, brown sugar, oil, pumpkin and buttermilk in a bowl; stir with a whisk until blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture and stir until well combined.
- Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray; preheat. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter per waffle onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until steaming stops; repeat with remaining batter. Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 waffles).