- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 15 oz canned pumpkin, puree
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free evaporated milk
- 4 oz Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 large egg(s), separated
- 1 large egg white(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 2 1/2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Over medium heat, cook pumpkin until no longer steaming, about 8 minutes. Mix together cornstarch and evaporated milk, whisk into pumpkin. Bring to boil; remove from heat and cool.
- Beat Neufchatel with pumpkin pie spice and ginger; beat in yolks to combine. Beat in cooled pumpkin mixture.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining 1/3 cup sugar one tablespoon at a time until stiff. In three additions, fold whites into pumpkin mixture. Pour into prepared dish. Bake until puffed and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.