- 16 oz uncooked lean beef round, cut into 1-inch cubes (London Broil)
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 large uncooked carrot(s), sliced
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned beef broth, divided
- 14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, or 2 whole sprigs, for garnish (optional)
Place beef in a 5-quart slow cooker.
Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic; sauté over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add onion mixture to slow cooker; add carrots.
Place half of beans in slow cooker; place remaining beans in a blender. Add 1/2 cup of broth to blender and puree; spoon mixture into slow cooker. Add remaining broth, tomatoes, oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
Cover slow cooker and cook on high setting for 6 to 7 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme before serving. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.