Provençal tomato tart
5 large, red, yellow, or a combination, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 medium, very thinly sliced
16 medium, Kalamata variety, pitted, quartered
8 sheet(s), (12 x 17 -inch) frozen, thawed
Grated Parmesan cheese
Olive oil cooking spray
- Set oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 425°F.
- Meanwhile, place tomato slices between double thickness of paper towels and pat dry. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Toss together onion, olives, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on large baking sheet and lightly spray with olive oil nonstick spray. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with damp kitchen towel and plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat layering with remaining 7 sheets of phyllo, spraying each sheet with nonstick spray. Roll edges of phyllo in to form rim.
- Arrange tomato slices on phyllo in single overlapping layer. Top with onion mixture and lightly spray with nonstick spray. Bake until bottom and edges of phyllo are golden and tomatoes and onion are softened, about 25 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Cut tart into 12 equal pieces.
- Per serving: 1 piece