- 24 oz uncooked potato(es), fingerling variety, scrubbed, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
- 8 oz uncooked green snap beans, stem ends trimmed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 Tbsp fat-free reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked shallot(s), finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 3 Tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
Put potatoes into a large pot. Fill pot halfway up with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until almost tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Add green beans and cook until potatoes are tender and green beans are crisp-tender, about 2 to 3 minutes more. Drain; rinse under cold water and drain again.
Meanwhile, to make dressing, in a large serving bowl, whisk together broth, shallots, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle in oil, whisking, until blended; stir in tarragon, dill and chives.
Add potatoes and green beans to bowl; toss gently, taking care not to break up potatoes, until mixed and coated with dressing. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- You can cover and refrigerate the potato salad for up to 1 day.You can replace the tarragon, chives and dill with your favorite herbs or whatever you may have growing in the garden.