Pot roast with potatoes and green olives
Uncooked red onion(s)
1 small, chopped
4 fl oz, dry (1/2 cup)
Canned chicken broth
1 pound(s), small, yellow variety, scrubbed and halved or quartered
Uncooked trimmed bottom round steak
1½ pound(s), lean boneless roast
Pimiento stuffed olives
2⅔ oz, ( 1/3 cup), halved
¼ cup(s), chopped fresh
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together wine and flour in small bowl until smooth. Add to onion and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in broth, orange juice, salt, paprika, and cumin. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking often, 2 minutes.
- Put potatoes in 5-or 6-quart slow cooker. Place beef on top of potatoes and add broth mixture. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender, 4–5 hours on High or 8–9 hours on Low.
- Transfer beef to cutting board. Cut into 6 pieces.
- Stir olives into slow cooker. Divide beef, potatoes, and sauce evenly among 6 plates; sprinkle with cilantro.
- Per serving: 1 piece beef with about 1 cup potatoes and sauce