Pork Chops with Fennel-Tomato Relish
- Total Time
This pork chops will be a staple on your dinner table.
lemon zest2 tsp
fennel seed1 tsp, crushed
table salt½ tsp
black pepper¼ tsp, freshly ground
uncooked lean only pork loin20 oz, 4 (5-ounce) bone-in variety, 1/2 inch thick, trimmed
fresh cherry tomato(es)1 cup(s), halved
fresh lemon juice1 Tbsp
olive oil1 tsp
uncooked fennel bulb(s)1 medium, or large, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
basil2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
- To make the rub, combine the lemon zest, fennel seeds, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and the pepper in a small bowl; spread on the pork chops.
- Combine the tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; preheat the grill to medium-high or prepare a medium-high fire.
- Lightly spray the fennel with nonstick spray. Place the pork chops and fennel on the grill rack. Grill, covered, until the pork chops are cooked through and the fennel is tender, 4 – 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the core from the fennel; coarsely chop the fennel. Stir the fennel and basil into the tomato mixture. Place the pork chops on a platter and serve with the relish. Yields 1 pork chop and generous 1/2 cup relish per serving.