- Total Time
plum(s)1 ½ pound(s), 4 large, halved, pitted, and cut into thin wedges
all-purpose flour1 ½ Tbsp
ground cinnamon¼ tsp, or 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
refrigerated pie crust, unprepared1 crust(s), (from 15-ounce package), softened according to package directions
cooking spray1 spray(s)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with heavy foil or parchment paper; lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- To make filling, toss together plums, 1/3 cup sugar, flour, and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- On lightly floured work surface with floured rolling pin, roll piecrust into 13-inch round. Fold piecrust in quarters; transfer to prepared baking sheet and gently unfold being careful not to stretch dough.
- Pile plum mixture on piecrust leaving 1 1/2- to 2-inch border. Scatter any sugar mixture remaining in bowl over plums. Fold edge of piecrust over filling, pleating it as you go. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over plums. Bake until filling is bubbly and crust is golden, about 45 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet on wire rack.
- Per serving: 1/8 of crostata