- 10 oz frozen pizza crust dough, baked according to package directions
- 2 cup(s) canned tomatoes, chopped, in juice
- 1 Tbsp basil, fresh, chopped, or 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, flat-leaf, fresh, chopped, or 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped or 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 4 oz shredded fat free mozzarella, (about 1 cup)
- 10 oz frozen artichokes, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced
- 12 large olive(s), black, pitted and sliced
- 2 oz prosciutto, sliced
- 1 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
Preheat the oven according to package directions for pizza crust.
To prepare the sauce, combine the tomatoes, basil, parsley, oregano, garlic, and pepper in a large nonstick skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until reduced to 1/2 cup. Leaving a 1 1/2-inch edge spread the tomato sauce evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Spread the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, olives, and prosciutto evenly over the cheese and tomato sauce. Spray lightly with olive oil nonstick spray; sprinkle with another grating of the pepper. Bake until the crust is golden, and the cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Make a double batch of the pizza sauce by using a 28-oz can of tomatoes, and doubling the remaining sauce ingredients; simmer about 15 minutes to thicken. Refrigerate half the sauce for another pizza or serve over pasta, fish, or chicken; it will keep up to four days in the refrigerator (or up to two months in an airtight container in the freezer). This recipe first appeared in Best of Weight Watchers Volume 1 and is used here with permission.