Pepperoni bagel bites
SmartPoints® value per serving
These satisfying, cheesy snacks start with homemade two-ingredient bagels made from self-rising flour and fat-free Greek yogurt. If you make a batch of those ahead of time, these mini pizzas will come together in only 15 minutes. They’re a guaranteed hit with kids and make a perfect after-school snack. If you want to make these for a gathering, you can assemble the bagel bites ahead of time and keep them refrigerated; then just bake shortly before guests arrive. For the creamiest, meltiest topping, buy a block of part-skim mozzarella and shred it yourself.
White self-rising flour
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
Store-bought pizza sauce
Part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 oz, shredded (about 1 cup)
Small, thinly sliced turkey pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place flour and yogurt in a medium bowl; stir well with a wooden spoon until just combined and then keep mixing dough in bowl with your hands until smooth (about 2 minutes of kneading). If dough is too sticky to knead, add more flour, 1 Tbsp at a time, until no longer sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper. Divide into 4 equal portions and roll each into a 6-inch rope. Pinch ends of rope together to form a bagel shape. Place bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 375°F until just starting to brown and cooked through, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425°F.
- Cool bagels for 10 minutes. Cut in half using a serrated knife and arrange on pan, cut side up. Spread pizza sauce evenly over bagels and top evenly with cheese and pepperoni. Bake at 425°F until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serving size: 1 pizza bagel half