Penne with Roasted Tomatoes, Asparagus and Leeks
- Total Time
This easy supper combines penne with delicious roasted veggies. Adding lemon zest, basil and Parmesen at the end of cooking gives the dish bright, bold flavor.
cooking spray4 spray(s)
uncooked asparagus2 pound(s)
uncooked leek(s)2 medium
fresh cherry tomato(es)6 cup(s)
olive oil2 Tbsp, extra virgin
kosher salt1 tsp, or to taste
black pepper¼ tsp
uncooked penne8 oz
table salt1 pinch, for cooking pasta
basil½ cup(s), chopped
minced garlic1 tsp
lemon zest1 tsp
shredded parmesan cheese½ cup(s), (use a high quality Parm for the best flavor)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut leeks lengthwise and soak in a bowl of water; rinse well to remove dirt and cut white and light green parts into1-inch pieces. Trim asparagus; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss asparagus, leeks and tomatoes with oil, kosher salt and pepper; spread evenly on prepared baking sheets. Roast, stirring once halfway through, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package instructions; reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water and then drain pasta.
- In a serving bowl, toss together penne, cooking water, roasted vegetables, basil, garlic, and lemon zest; garnish with Parmesan. Yields about 1 1/3 cups per serving.