Pear-Pecan Coffee Cake
- Total Time
Want a showy breakfast cake that’s the perfect centerpiece for a brunch menu? This Pear Pecan Coffee Cake is it.
light butter2 Tbsp
cake flour1 cup(s)
baking powder4 tsp
table salt½ tsp
fat free egg substitute¼ cup(s)
low-fat buttermilk1 cup(s)
chopped pecans½ oz, about 2 Tbsp
pear(s)1 medium, ripe, cored and thinly sliced
all-purpose flour1 cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and 1/2 cup of sugar; set aside.
- Sift together flour, cake flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Beat together egg substitute and buttermilk.
- Stir flour mixture into butter in three parts, alternating with buttermilk mixture.
- Spoon batter into pan and smooth top. Arrange pear slices over top. Sprinkle with pecans and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake until firm and golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove sides, cut into 10 wedges and serve.