Peanut Butter-Banana Ice Box Cake
- Total Time
This impressive no-bake, make-ahead dessert, is guaranteed to be a hit at your next summer gathering.
fat free whipped topping4 cup(s), divided
banana(s)3 small, ripe, chopped
chocolate wafer(s)40 item(s), divided
smooth reduced fat peanut butter½ cup(s), creamy variety
- Line an 8-inch X 8-inch pan with plastic wrap.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups whipped topping and bananas; set aside.
- Crush 4 wafer cookies into crumbs; place in a container and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, combine remaining 2 1/2 cups whipped topping and peanut butter.
- To assemble cake, spread 1 cup peanut butter-cream mixture across bottom and up sides of prepared pan; top with a layer of 9 cookies (3 rows of 3). Spread 1 cup banana mixture on top of cookies; add a second layer of 9 cookies. Spread 1 cup banana mixture on top again; make a third layer of 9 cookies. Top with 1 cup banana mixture again; finish with a fourth layer of 9 cookies and then spread 1/2 cup peanut butter-cream mixture thinly across top of cookies. Tightly cover pan; chill cake and remaining peanut butter-cream mixture overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove cover and place serving platter on top of pan; flip over to unmold cake. Remove plastic wrap that was lining pan and spread remaining peanut butter-cream mixture over cake top; garnish with reserved crushed cookies.
- Serving size: 1/12 of cake