Peanut butter-banana ice box cake
7 - 8
PersonalPoints™ per serving
10 hr 20 min
This impressive-looking, no-bake, make-ahead dessert is guaranteed to be a hit with your guests at your next summer gathering. It also requires just four ingredients. You simply mix together whipped topping and bananas, then the remaining whipped topping with peanut butter, and crumble up some chocolate wafers. Spread the peanut butter cream in your pan, top with cookies, then alternate between the banana cream and peanut butter cream and cookies. It tastes better as it sits, so it's best to leave the cake in the fridge overnight. You'll love the convenience of having the cake ready to go when you're about to serve dessert.
Fat free whipped topping
4 cup(s), divided
3 small, ripe, chopped
40 item(s), divided
Smooth reduced fat peanut butter
½ cup(s), creamy variety
- Line an 8-inch X 8-inch pan with plastic wrap.
- In a bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups whipped topping and bananas; set aside.
- Crush 4 wafer cookies into crumbs; place in a container and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on low speed, combine remaining 2 1/2 cups whipped topping and peanut butter.
- To assemble cake, spread 1 cup peanut butter-cream mixture across bottom and up sides of prepared pan; top with a layer of 9 cookies (3 rows of 3). Spread 1 cup banana mixture on top of cookies; add a second layer of 9 cookies. Spread 1 cup banana mixture on top again; make a third layer of 9 cookies. Top with 1 cup banana mixture again; finish with a fourth layer of 9 cookies and then spread 1/2 cup peanut butter-cream mixture thinly across top of cookies. Tightly cover pan; chill cake and remaining peanut butter-cream mixture overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove cover and place serving platter on top of pan; flip over to unmold cake. Remove plastic wrap that was lining pan and spread remaining peanut butter-cream mixture over cake top; garnish with reserved crushed cookies.
- Serving size: 1/12 of cake