⅛ Tbsp, chopped
1 cup(s), lowfat 1%
3 medium, thinly sliced
Fat free evaporated milk
¾ cup(s), chilled
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, orange zest, ginger, and salt. Stir in the buttermilk to form a soft dough.
- With floured hands, knead the dough into a ball in the bowl, working in any excess flour. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7 x 8-inch rectangle about 1/2-inch thick. Using a biscuit cutter or glass, cut out 8 (21/2-inch) rounds, pushing the dough scraps together for the last rounds if necessary.
- Place the rounds on a nonstick baking sheet and bake until lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, combine the peaches and granulated sugar in a bowl; let stand 15–20 minutes.
- To make the whipped topping, pour the evaporated milk into a chilled bowl. With an electric mixer on high speed, beat until frothy. While mixing, slowly sprinkle with the confectioners’ sugar; continue to beat until soft peaks form, about 3–4 minutes.
- Split the biscuits open. Layer with the peaches, then dollop with the whipped topping.