- Cook ditalini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add escarole and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 1 minute. Add broth, oregano, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cover and bring to boil. Cook until escarole is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in ditalini. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls and sprinkle evenly with pecorino.
- Serving size: about 2 cups soup and 1 tablespoon cheese
Instead of escarole, you can use chopped fresh kale, collards, or cabbage in this soup.