- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, linguine
- 1/8 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta (or to taste)
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz uncooked asparagus, woody ends trimmed, cut into 1 1/2- to 2-inch pieces
- 4 oz uncooked sugar snap peas, fresh, trimmed, large ones cut in half (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick pieces (about 1 cup)
- 13 3/4 oz canned artichoke hearts without oil, drained, quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup(s) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, fresh, leaves, thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add asparagus, snap peas and squash. Cook vegetables, stirring often, until vegetables are almost crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts and garlic; cook and stir over low heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, peas, salt and pepper. Scoop out 1/3 cup of pasta cooking water and add it to skillet. Cook, tossing ingredients, until tomatoes soften slightly and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
- Drain pasta; return pasta to pot. Add vegetable mixture, basil and remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to pot; toss to mix and coat. Serve immediately. Yields about 2 1/4 cups per serving.
We used frozen peas and canned artichoke hearts to cut back on preparation time but if you don’t mind the extra prep work, you can substitute 1/2 cup of shelled fresh peas for the frozen peas and 6 steamed, fresh artichoke hearts for the canned ones.