Parsnip-pear mini cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
Plain lowfat yogurt
½ tsp, grated
⅓ cup(s), shredded, peeled
46 gm, (1/3 cup) shredded, peeled
¼ cup(s), (light cream cheese)
Sweetened coconut flakes
2 Tbsp, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-cup mini-muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with paper liners.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in medium bowl. Whisk together egg, yogurt, oil, vanilla, and lemon zest in another medium bowl. Stir parsnip and pear into egg mixture. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups evenly with batter. Bake until toothpick inserted into centers of cupcakes comes out clean, 10–12 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- To make frosting, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and milk in medium bowl until smooth. Spread frosting evenly onto cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Per serving: 1 mini cupcake