Parmesan and Prosciutto Mini Muffins
- Total Time
These savory bites are a great addition to any party or meal. Double the recipe and freeze some for a wonderful side any time.
cooking spray4 spray(s)
all-purpose flour⅔ cup(s)
whole wheat flour⅔ cup(s)
grated Parmesan cheese¼ cup(s), Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
baking powder2 tsp
table salt½ tsp
black pepper½ tsp, freshly ground
egg white(s)2 large, at room temperature
Casa Italia Prosciutto4 oz, or other proscuitto crudo, thinly sliced, minced
part-skim ricotta cheese½ cup(s)
low-fat milk½ cup(s)
unsalted butter2 Tbsp, melted and cooled
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Spray two 12 indentation mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a second bowl, whisk together egg whites, prosciutto, ricotta, milk and melted butter until the mixture is fairly smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; stir with a wooden spoon just until there are no pockets of dry flour in the mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin tins, about 1 1/2 tablespoons per indentation.
- Bake until browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cool in tins for a couple of minutes before turning muffins out and cooling them on a wire rack. Yields 1 muffin per serving.