Parmesan and prosciutto mini muffins
4 oz, thinly sliced, minced
Whole wheat flour
Grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup(s), Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated
½ tsp, freshly ground
2 large, at room temperature
Part-skim ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp, melted and cooled
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 400°F. Spray two 12 indentation mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, cheese, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In a second bowl, whisk together egg whites, prosciutto, ricotta, milk and melted butter until the mixture is fairly smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients; stir with a wooden spoon just until there are no pockets of dry flour in the mixture. Spoon into prepared muffin tins, about 1 1/2 tablespoons per indentation.
- Bake until browned on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 12 to 14 minutes. Cool in tins for a couple of minutes before turning muffins out and cooling them on a wire rack. Yields 1 muffin per serving.