Oven-fried coconut shrimp with orange-chili dipping sauce
Unsweetened coconut flakes
24 large, peeled, deveined (about 1 lb)
Sweet Thai chili sauce
Fresh lime juice
Red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut and panko in a shallow bowl. Heat coconut oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add coconut mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt and curry powder; spoon back into bowl.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat. Dredge shrimp in coconut mixture, turn to coat and place on prepared pan. Bake until firm and cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
- While shrimp cook, whisk together marmalade, chili sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper flakes; garnish with scallions. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce on side.
- Serving size: 4 shrimp plus 1 rounded Tbsp sauce