Oat-Topped Peach Crisp
- 4 medium peach(es), sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) dried plain breadcrumbs, whole-wheat
- 3 Tbsp unpacked brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp margarine, soft
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, toss together peaches, white granulated sugar and flour; spoon into a 9-inch glass pie dish.
- In a small bowl, toss together bread crumbs, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon.
- Spread oat mixture over peaches. Cut margarine into slivers and sprinkle over bread crumb mixture. Bake until peaches are bubbling and the topping is browned, about 40 minutes. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
If you can't find whole-wheat bread crumbs, make your own: Toast two slices of whole-wheat bread and then mince them in a food processor.