- 3/4 cup(s) white all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) quick cooking rolled oats, do not use instant
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) unpacked light brown sugar
- 1 large egg(s)
- 2 large egg white(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup(s) low-fat milk, divided
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 6 Tbsp maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine both flours. Add oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir well. Add sugar; stir again.
- In a medium bowl, beat together egg, egg whites, applesauce and butter; stir in 1 cup milk. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture; stir well but do not beat.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet or griddle pan with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Measure out 1/4 cup of pancake batter and drop onto prepared skillet or pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make four pancakes at a time. Cook on first side until pancakes are golden on bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip over and cook on other side until golden on bottom, about 3 minutes.
- Remove pancakes to a preheated oven to keep warm or put on a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 12 pancakes total. (Batter thickens as it stands. Add part or all of the remaining 1/4 cup milk to achieve desired batter consistency.) Yields 2 pancakes and 1 tablespoon syrup per serving.