Nopales with orange vinaigrette
1 tsp, grated
Fresh orange juice
1 small, minced
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp, finely chopped
1 tsp, minced seeded
22 oz, 4 whole, unsliced, cleaned
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
2 item(s), medium, red, orange, or yellow, halved
4 Tbsp, crumbled (1/4 cup)
Green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
4 tsp, toasted
- 1 Spray grill rack with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium- high heat or prepare medium-hot fire.
- 2 Whisk together orange zest and juice, shallot, oil, vinegar, oregano, jalapeño, salt, and black pepper in large bowl.
- 3 Place napales and bell peppers on grill rack; grill nopales, turning once, until tender, 8–10 minutes, and peppers, turning occasionally, until lightly charred on all sides, about 15 minutes.
- 4 Transfer vegetables to cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips; add to dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with Cotija and pepitas. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Serving size: (1 cup vegetables, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1 teaspoon pepitas)