Mixed berry strudel with yogurt topping
3 cup(s), such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or diced strawberries
2 Tbsp, Instant variety
5 sheet(s), (12 x 17-inch) thawed
1½ Tbsp, melted
Dried plain breadcrumbs
4 tsp, plain flavored, or 4 teaspoons ground walnuts
Plain fat free Greek yogurt
½ cup(s), or other brand
Packed brown sugar
½ tsp, or 1/2 teaspoon sucralose–brown sugar blend
- Place an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Gently toss together the berries, tapioca, and lemon zest in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a large sheet of parchment or wax paper on a work surface. Place a phyllo sheet on top, with a long side facing you. Keep the remaining phyllo covered with a damp towel and plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. Lightly brush the phyllo sheets with the melted butter and sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining phyllo, butter, and breadcrumbs to make 4 more layers.
- Spoon the berry mixture over the phyllo in a lengthwise 3-inch-wide strip, leaving a 2 1⁄2-inch border on the short sides and the long side nearest you. Fold the short sides of the phyllo over the filling, then roll up jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, on the baking sheet and brush with the remaining butter. Bake until deep golden brown, 18 – 20 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheet on a rack until warm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, combine the yogurt and sucralose–brown sugar blend. With a serrated knife, cut the strudel into 8 slices. Place the slices on a platter and serve the yogurt topping alongside. Yields 1⁄8 of strudel and 1 tablespoon yogurt per serving.