These quiche make great party food. They freeze beautifully – perfect for future brunches or unexpected lunch guests – and are small in size but big in flavor.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 small uncooked zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, about 3 oz
- 6 large egg(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat two 24-hole nonstick mini muffin pans with cooking spray (or use just one pan and cook in two batches).
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon egg mixture into each prepared hole, making sure to stir mixture in bowl after filling each one.
Bake until bottoms are golden brown and quiche are cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove pan(s) from oven and let quiche cool for a few minutes in pan(s); remove quiche to a wire rack to cool more (and repeat with remaining ingredients if necessary). Yields 1 quiche per serving.
- This recipe can be halved for smaller gatherings.