Mini Dutch babies
3 Tbsp, at room temperature
1 large egg(s), at room temperature
1 Tbsp, granulated
⅛ tsp, or to taste
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
1 cup(s), fresh or thawed frozen
⅛ medium, 2 wedges
- Arrange rack in middle of oven and place baking sheet on rack. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In blender, combine milk, egg, and granulated sugar and pulse until smooth. Add flour and salt and pulse until combined; set aside.
- Divide butter between 2 (6-oz) glass custard cups or ramekins and place on baking sheet. Heat in oven until butter is melted, about 2 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven; carefully tilt custard cups to coat sides. Into hot custard cups, pour batter. Bake until Dutch babies are puffed and beginning to brown on top, 8 to 10 minutes.
- On each of 2 serving plates, place 1 custard cup. Sprinkle each with 1 tsp powdered sugar. Arrange berries and lemon wedges on the side. Serve at once.
- Serving size: 1 Dutch baby with 1⁄2 cup berries