Mexican Wedding Cookies
⅓ cup(s), unsalted, room temperature
Uncooked egg yolk(s)
Unsalted pecan halves
⅓ cup(s), toasted and very finely chopped
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 With electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar in medium bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in flour and pecans.
- 3 Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place balls on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until firm to the touch, still pale in color on tops, and golden brown on bottoms, about 10 minutes (do not overbake).
- 4 Let cool on baking sheet on racks about 1 minute. With spatula, transfer cookies to rack and let cool completely.
- 5 Just before serving, dust cookies with remaining 1 teaspoon confectioners’ sugar.
- Serving size: (1 cookie)