- 2/3 cup(s) marcona almonds
- 1 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup(s) orange marmalade
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Pulse almonds in a food processor until finely chopped (or chop by hand). In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup chopped almonds, flour, baking soda, ginger and salt; set aside remaining almonds in a shallow bowl.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream both types of sugar and butter together. Add egg and almond extract; beat until fluffy. Beat in flour mixture until just combined. Chill mixture for several hours or up to overnight.
Scoop out dough using a teaspoon measure and roll into balls; gently roll each dough ball in reserved chopped almonds. Place on prepared baking sheets and bake for 5 minutes. Remove pans from oven and using the end of a wooden spoon, press a small indentation in the center of each cookie. Return pans to oven and bake until lightly browned and set, about 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and fill each cookie with 1/4 teaspoon marmalade. Let cool. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- You can substitute plain almonds or even hazelnuts for the marcona almonds in this recipe. If you're not an orange marmalade fan, substitute your favorite jam (changes could affect SmartPoints value).