Marble Pound Cake
- Total Time
This cake is so buttery-rich tasting you won't believe you're eating something light. It's a wonderful dessert for any special occasion.
cooking spray1 spray(s)
all-purpose flour2 ¼ cup(s)
table salt¼ tsp
baking powder1 tsp
baking soda½ tsp
regular butter8 Tbsp, softened
vanilla extract1 tsp
whole milk plain yogurt8 oz, or vanilla flavor
egg white(s)4 large
bittersweet chocolate3 oz
almond extract½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- In another large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; beat until well combined.
- Add about 1/3 of flour mixture and 1/3 of yogurt to sugar mixture; fold in until just blended. Repeat until all flour and yogurt are incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whip egg whites until stiff by not dry; fold egg whites into batter until blended. Divide batter into 2 bowls.
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler or in a saucepan over extremely low heat. When chocolate is just melted, pour into one bowl of batter; blend well. Add almond extract to other bowl of batter; blend well.
- Pour half of chocolate batter and then half of vanilla batter into prepared pan; repeat with remaining batter. Take a knife and run it through cake batter to create even more swirls.
- Bake cake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes. Remove cake from oven; cool until bottom of pan is just warm to the touch. Carefully flip pan over and ease cake out of pan onto a wire rack; cool completely. Slice into 14 pieces and serve.