Maple-pecan grilled bananas
2 large, ripe but firm
- Trim stem ends of bananas; halve lengthwise through peels (leave peels on) and set aside.
- Put pecans in small nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan frequently, until pecans smell toasted, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Off heat, spray an outdoor grill rack or ridged stovetop grill pan with nonstick spray; heat to medium.
- Sprinkle cut sides of bananas with cinnamon; lightly brush with 1 teaspoon maple syrup. Cook bananas, cut sides down, until grill marks appear, 2−3 minutes. Turn and cook until bananas start to pull away from peel and soften, 3−5 minutes.
- Transfer bananas to serving platter. Brush cut sides of bananas with remaining 1 teaspoon maple syrup; sprinkle with pecans (dust with additional cinnamon if desired).
- Serving size: 1 banana half with ½ tablespoon pecans