Lighter lemon bars
14 Tbsp, divided
15 Tbsp, divided
⅝ tsp, divided
4 tsp, divided
2 Tbsp, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 tsp, cold
3 large, separated
Fresh lemon juice
Powdered sugar (confectioner's)
2 cup(s), (1 pint)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- To make crust, stir together 3/4 c flour, 3 Tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp lemon zest in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with butter and water; press dough with a fork until small clumps form and mixture is moist. Press into bottom of prepared pan; bake until crust begins to brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Meanwhile, while crust bakes, prepare topping. Stir together egg yolks, 3/4 c sugar, 1 Tbsp lemon zest, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp flour, baking powder and 1/8 tsp salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture until combined; pour over crust and bake 20 minutes. Let cool completely before slicing into 12 pieces. Serve garnished with powdered sugar and raspberries.
- Serving size: 1 bar