Lemony pork piccata
Uncooked lean only pork loin
1 pound(s), 4 (1/4-pound) boneless chops, trimmed and pounded to scant 1/4-inch thickness
1¼ tsp, divided
3 tsp, divided
2 tsp, extra virgin
2 medium, minced
1 small clove(s), minced
Canned chicken broth
Fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp, small variety, drained
2 Tbsp, flat leaf, chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp, grated
- Place pork between two pieces of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Mix together flour, 1 tsp salt, and pepper in large shallow bowl. Coat pork with seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 2 tsp butter with oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over high heat. Add pork and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Add shallots, garlic, broth, lemon juice, and capers to skillet, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring once or twice, until sauce is slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1 tsp butter and 1/4 tsp salt. Return pork with any accumulated juices to skillet, turning pork to coat with sauce.
- Place 1 cutlet on each of 4 plates and spoon sauce over. Mix together parsley, Parmesan, and lemon zest in cup and sprinkle over pork.
- Serving size: 1 pork cutlet and about 2 tbsp sauce