Lemony cheese blintzes
2 Tbsp, melted
1 large egg(s)
Fat free skim milk
Whole wheat flour
Fat-free ricotta cheese
Sweetened frozen red raspberries
Fresh lemon juice
- Combine the butter, egg, milk, salt, and 2 of the egg whites in a bowl. Whisk in the flours. Set aside for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- For the filling, combine the third egg white, the ricotta, honey, vanilla, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in another bowl. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Swirl in 3 tablespoons of the batter. Cook until the edges are firm and the pancake is very lightly browned, about 1 minute. Slide the pancake out onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter, making a total of 12 pancakes. Meanwhile, put a heavy-gauge nonstick baking sheet into the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mound 3 tablespoons of the chilled filling in the center of a pancake. Fold the bottom up over the filling, fold the sides in, and roll up the pancake. Repeat the process to fill the remaining 11 blintzes. Spray the heated baking sheet with nonstick spray and place the blintzes on it. Bake the blintzes 5 minutes, spray them with nonstick spray, turn over, and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes longer.
- To make the sauce, puree the raspberries with their juices, the remaining 1/4 cup sugar, and the lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil sauce for 1 minute. Drizzle over the blintzes.