This light lunch (or side dish) by Chef Carla Hall is served layered in a mason jar! It has been adapted for Weight Watchers with permisson.
- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa, red variety
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked string beans, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp dill, (2 sprigs), fresh, chopped
- 2 medium corn, kernels cut off cob
- 1 small jalapeño pepper(s), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1 medium nectarine(s), finely diced
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp canola oil, or other mild oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
Cook quinoa according to package instructions; fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
Blanch green beans in salted water; drain and toss with dill.
Toss corn with jalapeno.
Evenly divide and layer corn, quinoa, red pepper, green beans and nectarine among 8 pint-size mason jars (leave at least 1-inch space from neck of jar); screw lid on and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Whisk together lemon zest and juice, oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper iin a bowl.
When ready to serve, spoon 1 Tbsp dressing into each jar and shake to coat evenly.
Serving Size: 1 jar