Fresh Tuscan kale
12 oz, stemmed and chopped
Uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
Za’atar spice blend
1 medium clove(s), grated
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
Crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a large sheet pan with foil coated with cooking spray.
- Place the kale in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap and pierce once with a knife to vent. Microwave on High for 5 minutes. Uncover bowl and spread the kale onto a double layer of paper towels.
- Meanwhile, place the oats in a blender or food processor; process until the oats become flour-like, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Return the kale to the bowl; stir in the oat flour, za’atar, salt, and garlic. Add the egg and stir well to combine; gently stir in the cheese. Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions, shaping each into a ball. Arrange the balls on the prepared pan.
- Bake at 375°F until set, about 15 minutes.
- Serving size: 4 meatballs