A light, lemony Caesar dressing pairs well with dark leafy greens like kale and escarole. Serve this recipe topped with grilled chicken for an easy weeknight supper.
- 1/3 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 cup(s) shredded parmesan cheese, such as Parmigianno-Reggiano (divided)
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 item(s) anchovies canned in oil drained, minced (or less to taste)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 cup(s) uncooked kale, baby variety, chopped
- 4 cup(s) escarole, chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground
In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, oil, 2 tablespoons cheese, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy, garlic, mustard and salt (may be made ahead and refrigerated, covered, for up to 4 days before use).
Combine kale and escarole in a large bowl; toss well with dressing to wilt slightly. Serve garnished with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and pepper. Yields about 2 cups per serving.
- If you prefer less dressing on your salad, increase the kale and escarole to 6 cups each.