Jerk chicken thighs with fresh mango salsa by Millie Peartree
Uncooked boneless skinless chicken thigh(s)
Jamaican jerk seasoning
1½ item(s), diced
Sweet red pepper(s)
½ medium, diced
Uncooked red onion(s)
½ small, diced
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
½ medium, seeded and minced
Fresh lime juice
⅛ tsp, or to taste
- Trim any excess fat from chicken. Place chicken in a large bowl and cover with jerk TK. Turn chicken to coat, cover bowl, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Remove chicken from bowl and place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165℉, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, to make salsa, in a medium bowl, combine mango, red pepper, onion, cilantro and jalapeño. Drizzle with lime juice and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt, stir again, and chill for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken topped with salsa.
- Serving size: 1 chicken thigh and about ½ cup salsa