Jalapeño eggs with roasted-tomato salsa
2 medium clove(s), unpeeled
Fresh cherry tomato(es)
Fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp, chopped, plus additional for serving
1 medium, minced
- 1 Preheat broiler. Line small rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- 2 Place garlic and 1 jalapeño on prepared baking sheet and broil 5 inches from heat, until jalapeño starts to soften, about 4 minutes. Turn jalapeño and garlic; add tomatoes to baking sheet and broil until tomatoes are softened and skins begin to brown, about 5 minutes longer. Let cool slightly.
- 3 Squeeze garlic from peel into small bowl; add lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pinch pepper and mash with fork to blend. Add tomatoes and mash with fork until chunky.
- 4 Peel, seed, and mince roasted jalapeño; add to garlic mixture. Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro. Set salsa aside.
- 5 Whisk together eggs, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper in medium bowl.
- 6 Seed and mince remaining jalapeño. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and minced jalapeño and cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes. Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, stirring, until scrambled, about 3 minutes.
- 7 Divide egg mixture evenly among 4 plates; sprinkle with cilantro and serve with salsa
- Serving size: (3/4 cup scrambled eggs and about 1/4 cup salsa)