Italian sausage and bell pepper frittata
Uncooked sweet Italian turkey sausage
2 link(s), (about 4 ounces), casings removed
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, large red, chopped
2 Tbsp, (1%)
½ tsp, finely chopped
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat oil in 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking up with wooden spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer sausage to plate.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in sausage.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, thyme, salt, and black pepper in large bowl until blended. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over vegetable mixture and cook, lifting edges frequently with spatula to let any uncooked egg flow underneath, until eggs are almost set, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle frittata with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese. Place skillet under broiler 5 inches from heat and cook until eggs are set, 2–3 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges.
- Per serving: ¼ of frittata