Israeli couscous with tomato and olive sauté
Uncooked whole wheat Israeli couscous
1 medium, chopped
2 medium clove(s), minced
2 cup(s), or cherry tomatoes, halved
33⅔ gm, pitted kalamatas (1/4 cup), halved
⅓ cup(s), chopped fresh
1 tsp, finely grated
Fresh lemon juice
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring constantly, until softened about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes soften, about 6 minutes. Add olives and cook, stirring occasionally, just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Transfer couscous to serving bowl. Add tomato mixture, 1/4 cup of basil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Per serving: about 2/3 cup