Individual spinach soufflés
1½ pound(s), baby-variety
5 spray(s), divided
4 medium, minced
1 medium clove(s), minced
Reduced-fat sour cream
Grated Parmesan cheese
¾ cup(s), high-quality recommended
½ tsp, or more to taste
¼ tsp, or more to taste
Freshly grated nutmeg
2 large, separated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place twelve 3-ounce ramekins on a rimmed baking tray and coat ramekins with cooking spray; set aside.
- Steam, parboil or microwave spinach until wilted; drain well. Finely chop spinach; set aside.
- Coat a medium skillet with cooking spray and set over a medium heat. When hot, add shallots and garlic; sauté until shallots turn golden and start to caramelize, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon shallot mixture into a large mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients, except for all four egg whites; stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into spinach mixture, a little at a time, until combined.
- Evenly divide mixture among ramekins; bake until centers are set, about 30 to 40 minutes. Serve immediately. Yields 1 soufflé per serving.