Individual Apple-Cinnamon Pies
- Total Time
Swap in other types of firm, sweet apples to meet your taste.
cooking spray5 spray(s)
fresh apple(s)1 ½ pound(s), Honeycrisp variety, peeled, diced
dark brown sugar3 Tbsp
apple cider (fermented)2 Tbsp, or apple juice
ground cinnamon1 tsp
fresh lemon juice½ tsp
table salt1 pinch
refrigerated pie crust, unprepared7 oz, (store-bought) or homemade
powdered sugar2 ¼ tsp
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large-size muffin tin with cooking spray (diameter of each opening is 3 3/8-in at top; 3-in on bottom)
- Place apples, sugar, apple cider, cinnamon, lemon juice and salt in a small saucepan; heat over medium-low heat, stirring often, until apples begin to soften, about 6-8 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with water in a small cup; stir into apple mixture.
- Use a 4-in diameter glass or circle cookie cutter to cut 8 circles out of piecrust (re-roll scraps with a rolling pin as needed to cut the last circle). Place crust circles in bottom of prepared muffin holes; press down on bottoms and slightly up sides. Evenly divide apple mixture among crusts.
- Bake until crusts are browned and filling is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Store at room temperature until ready to serve; dust with powdered sugar.
- Serving size: 1 mini pie