Iceberg Wedges with Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/3 cup(s) low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup(s) fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice canned or bottled
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head(s), small lettuce, iceberg variety
- 1 cup(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), halved
- 1/2 bunch(es) fresh watercress, 12 sprigs
- 2 slice(s) cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- Combine the buttermilk, sour cream, blue cheese, lemon juice, and pepper in a blender and puree.
- Cut the lettuce into 4 equal wedges and place 1 wedge, cut side down, on each of 4 plates. Scatter the tomatoes around the lettuce and top each wedge with 3 watercress sprigs. Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and tomatoes and top evenly with the bacon. Yields 1 lettuce wedge, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 3 watercress sprigs, 1/2 slice bacon, and about 1/4 cup dressing per serving.