- 2 Tbsp regular butter, softened
- 3/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lime zest, finely minced
- 2 large egg(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 36 item(s) shortbread cookie(s) 5/8 in. square, commercially prepared (about 10 oz total)
- 3/4 cup(s) lite whipped topping
In a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light; add zest. Next, add one egg at a time, beating after each addition; add lime juice (mixture will be lumpy).
Pour mixture into a medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until lime mixture thickens like a pudding, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Spread a heaping teaspoon of lime curd onto each cookie. Before serving, top each with a teaspoon of whipped topping. Yields 1 cookie per serving.