- 7 slice(s) white bread, frozen
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 clove(s) garlic clove(s), peeled and crushed whole
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp dill, fresh, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, flat-leaf, chopped
- While still frozen, remove crusts from bread; chop into bite-size pieces. Lightly coat bread with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add bread and salt; increase heat to medium and cook, tossing frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add dill and parsley; sauté until croutons are lightly browned, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; discard garlic clove. When croutons are completely cool, store in a tightly sealed container. Yields about 1/4 cup per serving.
You can also bake these in the oven, if desired.