Hibiscus granita with grilled mango
6 item(s), hibiscus-berry variety
1½ cup(s), boiling
1 item(s), halved
Le Natures Ice Water
3 Tbsp, light
2 item(s), firm-ripe, halved, pitted, and peeled
Fresh mint leaves
- Place teabags in 1-quart glass measure. Add boiling water and steep 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, squeeze juice from lime half and set aside; cut remaining half into 4 wedges.
- Remove teabags and squeeze out liquid; discard teabags. Add ice water, lime juice, and agave nectar to tea, stirring until blended. Pour tea mixture into 8-inch square baking pan. Cover pan with foil and freeze until mixture is frozen along edges but still slushy in center, about 2 hours. With fork, scrape icy edges in toward center. Repeat every 30 minutes until granita is semifirm and granular.
- Place mango on cutting board and cut off a thick slice on one side of pit. Repeat on other side. With tip of small knife, lightly score flesh.
- Meanwhile, set ridged grill pan over medium heat until hot. Lightly spray cut sides of mango with nonstick spray. Place mango, cut-side down, in grill pan and cook, turning once, until mango is tender and nicely marked, about 4 minutes.
- To serve, scrape granita transferring ice shards to 4 dessert dishes. Place mango and lime wedges alongside.
- Per serving: about 2/3 cup granita and 1/2 mango