- 3 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- 2 tsp ginger root, finely minced
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder, mild-variety recommended
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1- to 1 1/2-in chunks
- 1 cup(s) light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cup(s) pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked shallot(s), minced
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1/4 Tbsp shredded coconut meat, toasted
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium heat. Add oil; heat until oil starts to shimmer. Add ginger and onions; sauté until onions turn translucent and start to caramelize, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add curry powder, salt and sugar; cook, stirring, until curry becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
Push vegetables to side of skillet and sauté chicken until lightly browned, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add coconut milk and reduce heat to low; simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken is done, about 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, to make salsa, combine pineapple, shallots and cilantro; toss well to coat
To serve, top chicken with salsa and sprinkle with coconut; sprinkle with salt if desired. Yields about 3/4 cup chicken, rounded 1/3 cup salsa and 2 teaspoons coconut per serving.