Hash brown and vegetable casserole
2 medium, sliced
2 cup(s), chopped
1 medium, chopped
Uncooked bell pepper(s)
1 item(s), medium, red variety, chopped
Fat free reduced sodium vegetable broth
Canned cannellini beans
1 cup(s), rinsed and drained
½ pound(s), quartered
2 tsp, minced
Frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
2 cup(s), unthawed
Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, cauliflower, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, 8 minutes. Sprinkle vegetables with flour and stir to coat. Slowly add broth and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to boil.
- Add beans, mushrooms, thyme, vinegar, salt, and pepper and return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until mushrooms are tender, 3 minutes. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with hash browns and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake until bubbling, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Per serving (about 1½ cups)