Harissa-Roasted Carrots with Lemon Garlic Herb Gremolata by Daphne Oz
Extra virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp, divided
1½ Tbsp, or more or less, depending on how strong and spicy the harissa is
1 tsp, divided
2 pinch(es), or to taste
12 medium, peeled, stems trimmed
¼ cup(s), chopped
Fresh mint leaves
2 Tbsp, chopped
½ medium, zested and juiced (more juice if you like it tangier!)
1 clove(s), minced or grated
⅛ cup(s), toasted, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the spiced carrots, in a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoon oil, the harissa, ½ tsp salt, and pepper to taste. Add the carrots and toss to combine and coat. Spread them on the baking sheet. Scrape out any spice mixture that sticks to the bottom of the bowl and drizzle it over the carrots.
- Roast the carrots for 20 minutes, then shake the pan to redistribute the carrots. Reduce the heat to 375°F and roast 20 to 25 minutes longer, until the carrots are browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, start the gremolata. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 tbsp oil, parsley, mint, lemon zest and juice, garlic, ½ tsp remaining salt, and pepper to taste.
- Serve the carrots on a platter drizzled with the gremolata and topped with the toasted hazelnuts (optional).
- Serving size: 3 carrots