1% low-fat milk
2 large egg(s)
1% low-fat milk
Reduced-sodium chicken broth
Sherry (dry or sweet)
⅛ tsp, freshly ground, or to taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup(s), freshly grated, preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 Tbsp, chopped
8 oz, sliced (about 2 cups)
3 medium clove(s), minced
Cooked lean ham
6 oz, cut into 6 slices
- To prepare crêpes, combine the flour and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk the milk and eggs in a separate bowl. Slowly whisk the milk mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet or crêpe pan with nonstick spray and set over medium heat. Stir the batter, then pour a scant 1⁄4 cup into the skillet, tilting in all directions to form a thin, even layer. Cook until top is set and bottom is golden, 1 –1 1⁄2 minutes. Flip and cook until the second side is lightly browned, 15–20 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter to make 6 crêpes. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and reserve.
- To prepare the filling, whisk together the milk, broth, flour, 3 tablespoons of the sherry, the nutmeg, cayenne, and pepper in a medium saucepan until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until thickened, 6–7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the cheese and 1 tablespoon of parsley; cover and keep warm.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms soften, about 6 minutes. Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons sherry and cook until the liquid evaporates, 1–2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Let cool slightly. Yields one crepe per serving.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Spray a 7 x 11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Arrange the crêpes side-by-side on a work surface. Lay one slice of the ham across the center of each crêpe. Spread each with 1 tablespoon of the sauce, then top with one-sixth (about 2 tablespoons) of the mushrooms. Roll up the crêpes jelly-roll style and transfer to the baking dish. Spoon the remaining sauce over the crêpes to cover. Bake until the sauce is bubbly and lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Yields 1 filled crêpe per serving.